Apart from the fun activities we filled our days with, we also got a chance to experience the city and people. We spent a lot of time at the beach swimming in the ocean, playing in the waves (or in my case getting demolished by them lol), and tanning on the beach.


I am pretty sure I had just recovered from the previous wave when I stood up and saw this monster coming my way. I was standing right where it was going to break. Great. Really, I had a lot of fun, but there was one day in particular where the waves were HUGE. I was still cleaning sand out of my ears for a week after we got home!

Dan had fun riding the waves into the shore. He loved it out there! Our second day in Mexico he refused to let me put sunscreen on his back and stomach because the previous day I had, and he hadn't gotten any color. I decided to let him do what he wanted....and of course after spending four hours at the beach he was fried! Actually worse than fried. He was bright pink! Poor guy. But he learned his lesson--wife knows best :)

Can you spot the Iguanas?

These guys were everywhere. In the trees...and even in the hands of locals who would throw them on your head before you could see what was coming and then try to make $5 off you.

One night we decided to get away from the usual hotel buffet, and asked some locals where a good place to go was. We got told the best seafood was at "Langosta Feliz" or Happy Lobster. Boy was it delicious!


Literally a feast for two! And did I mention delicious?! We had lobster, cray fish, shrimp, and filet minon sea bass with rice and veggies. Unfortunately it was a bit pricey, so when the band came over to our table to play us an $8 song, we had to refuse.
And what did we do while we were bored or waiting for an activity to start??? Take pictures of course! Here are some randoms from the week:




Playing some beach volleyball. So I think this was on Thursday night, and by this time we had been at the beach for at least a few hours each day and nothing had gotten stolen. Yes, I will admit I was a little worried about it, but I began to think, "hey Mexico isn't that bad", and of course that day, while Dan was taking pics, and I was playing someone stole my brand new flip flops. I really hope they were in desperate need of shoes!

Spanglish at it's finest. KFC aka CHICKY LANDIA. Ha ha this cracks me up!

We have some wicked tan lines!
We left Mexico around 2 pm, but before we went we took one last stroll around the city and bought a few souvenirs for ourselves. We went back to our hotel room and packed our suitcases...why is it that nothing ever fits back in your suitcase like it did when you originally packed it??? We barely got the stupid things to close!

Our last pic in Mexico...on our way to the airport sad that our vacay was over :(
It was a great week, and the perfect time to get away from our busy lives. Even though there are more practical things we could have done with our tax return, I do not regret for a second the decision to take a vacation! We are already planning our next vacation for 2012!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun vacay! Oh how I love the heat and the ocean. And I don't blame you, doing something fun with your tax return, sometimes we need to do that!
Post a Comment