Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cabin trip in....Alaska???

Last weekend we took a trip with friends to Timberlakes...it's a small gated community east of Heber up in the mountains. The reason I say Alaska is for the simple fact that there was still about 6 feet of snow up there. No exaggeration! Driving up I really felt like we were on a different continent. Friday night we stopped at a gym in Heber to play. I can't remember the name of it, but it's like a Jumping Jacks. There were trampolines, a foam pit, bungees, and lots of mats to goof around on. Dan was in heaven! He loves jumping on trampolines, and doing all sorts of cool flips and tricks. I can't even do a front or back flip, but still had fun diving into the foam pit. We also had fun taking group pictures! After spending a couple hours at the gym, we headed to the cabin. The cabin was amazing! It belongs to Cami Newman's family (some of you may know her from highschool). Their family is a friend of our friends, Natalie and Kendell Erdmann, so we got to enjoy their cabin for Natalie's birthday. They went all out building and decorating it, and no space was wasted. All of the rooms were so cozy and cabiny! I would love to have a cabin like that one day! We had planned on snowmobiling, but Saturday and Sunday were both pretty warm days and the snow and lakes were starting to melt, and we didn't think it would be safe. Nonetheless, we still had a blast. We spent the days eating yummy food, playing games, playing pool (Dan and I were the undefeated couple!), and just hanging out. It was fun to relax and enjoy the company of our friends! I am still waiting for pics from the gym from Natalie, but here are some pics at the cabin.

The room we stayed in. I wish I could have taken the mattress with me! It was like a cloud compared to the piece of crap we sleep on at home! The doors led to a porch outside our room.

The bathroom we used. I love the tub!

Saturday morning Natalie and I got up and made breakfast--french toast with Natalie's delicious home-made buttermilk syrup, bacon, and sausage. After breakfast the guys all *volunteered* to clean up the mess!

As I said, we played a lot of pool. Dan and I were undeafeted as a couple... mostly because he did all the work lol!

Relaxing watching the mavs and thunder play

The gang.


A goofy one of course! We didn't plan it, but somehow almost every one stuck their tongue out.

I will post pics of our fun at the gym when I get them!


4 comments:

Courtney and Tyson said...

Looks like fun! You guys just keep vacationing while you can! Once the kids come along you'll be stuck in a dungeon...I mean basement apartment...all day every day:) Yes, it's definitely time for a game night! I don't want to have one here, but I'm hoping our house will go through soon...any time now...

Jana Porter said...

amen to what courtney said and savannah you look great so skinny!!!

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

I'm so glad you're back! I was seriously worried! It looks like lots of fun!

Kyle and Lindsey said...

Are you serious! I keep trying to convince Kyle that Utah really does have a Spring but Im almost beginning to believe him lol It sounds like you had a good time though!