![]() |
| Never trust a bear that's as big as you are. Unless that bear is pink and says "princess". In that case, you're probably safe. |
![]() |
| Daddy's girl |
![]() |
| Posing with her presents |
He also scored a few (hundred) brownie points by getting me a new mountain bike. It started as an innocent converstation where Dan brought up the idea of me getting a new bike, and I replied something like this, "oh yeah a new bike would be great, but our money would be better spent on other things, and I don't really need it." He has learned what I am saying without really saying it ;) So Saturday afternoon when I thought he was at the gym he was really out scouting the local bike shops, and he ended up finding a killer close-out deal on a last year's model bike that was perfect for me. It's sitting in our living room, and I just stare at it all day, waiting for the snow to melt off our lovely mountains so I can enjoy my new steed.
![]() |
| Isn't she a beaut! |
![]() |
| It might not look like I'm a serious rider in my Sunday best, but I can shred with the best of 'em! |
![]() |
| Dan had these roses delivered Friday when he was at work. |
Sunday, actual Valentine's Day, we decided we were too lazy to cook dinner so we went to The Olive Garden and enjoyed a nice family dinner. Elise is now big enough to sit in the restaurant high chairs, so she is content as can be because she can people watch and get bites of our food!
![]() |
| My entire world right here. |
![]() |
| This girl's got so much spunk! |
![]() |
| Blowing raspberries at Olive Garden |
I tried to make the holiday special for Dan as well. We recently watched the newest "Mission Impossible" and I saw a fun "secret agent" mission-type scavenger hunt on datingdivas.com that I used and modified to better suit our relationship/personality. It started off with him getting the following folder which he opened and read to start the hunt:
He started the scavenger hunt in the bathroom where he found his first mission: "To make Elise Smile and laugh. No tickling allowed!" After he successfully completed each mission, he opened to envelope and was given a clue as to where to find the next envelope. There were only five total, so it didn't take very long!
Mission #2: 60 crunches in under 60 seconds.
Mission #3: Get me to laugh while I try and keep a straight face!
Mission #4: Pick out a "stylish" outfit for Elise from head to toe! *This was my favorite one* Ha ha, he didn't do too bad, but let's just say she probably won't ever wear the outfit he picked ;) ;)
Mission #5: Tell me why you love me and give me a passionate kiss and hug!
After the last mission he was given a clue about where to find a present waiting for him. I got him a video camera, similar to a Go-Pro, called a Contour Roam. He had been wanting one and seemed excited!
Hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day with your loved ones as well!










No comments:
Post a Comment