The past few months that feeling of needing a change was hitting me and I knew I wanted to cut a lot of my length off. Mostly because it was so dry and damaged, and also because I had a lot of post-partum hair loss, so it was extra thin. Long, dry, stringy, hair is NO BUENO.
I follow a girl (no names because I don't wanna "blast" her) on IG who posts pictures of her work and I thought a lot of it was super cute, so I scheduled an appointment with her. I was SO excited for this new change.
Here is a picture of my hair BEFORE any cutting or coloring:
HERE is the picture I showed her to illustrate what I wanted. I told her I wanted a lob (long bob) and I wanted it angled so the front was longer. I told her I wanted a subtle, NATURAL looking balayage that was very well blended. I actually stressed the words natural and blended.
HERE is what I ended up with after 3.5 hours in the chair and two attempts at "color correction." I really, REALLY hate when I get to the end of a hair appointment and I do not like the results (which has happened in the past but never to this extent!) I felt incredibly awkward about how to tell her it was not at all what I wanted and I did not like the cut or the color. She could tell though, and she said "just give it a few days and the lines will fade and it will be more blended. Play with it and if you don't like it let me know and we'll work something out." I told her I would go home and wash it and play with it, but that I was already certain I would want to come back and fix it. She said okay and she insisted that she would not take my money (which I really felt some guilt over because she had spent 3.5 hours on my hair). BUT at the same time, this is shotty work and I would have been very upset if I had to pay for it.
Kurt Cobain was an awesome musician, but never in a million years did I want my hair to look like his. Talk about "balayage" gone bad.
Ok. I was DEVASTATED at how much of my hair was gone, it was a lot shorter than I'd anticipated, and I couldn't even handle the coloring. I basically cried all night and Dan thought he'd lost me forever. I know, I know, it's just hair. But my hair is my thing. I love my hair. I love feeling like I have pretty hair. I'm a woman for crying out loud.
I'll stop my melodramatics, and cut the happy ending...
I can laugh about this now because I found an AMAZING stylist who fixed my mess, and I now LOVE my new hair.
So I have SHORT hair, and I'm rocking it. It's not what I initially wanted, but I really do love it.
And I will end by saying this, the first stylist is truly talented, I have seen her work in pictures, and that is why I wanted to go to her in the first place. I just think she had an off day and it unfortunately was on my hair lol.
Hooray for short hair!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment