30-freaking-1. Just kidding Dan, that's not old at all.
I need to share an epiphany I recently had with regards to our age...I ran into a few people whom I had not seen since high school (not naming names) and thought to myself, "man, they look so old!"
And then it hit me...that is exactly what people must think about Dan and me when they see us too, LOL!!!
I cannot deny it...we are getting old...we are middle aged for crying out loud. It's really not as bad as I make it seem :) :) :)
One of the perks of Dan's company is getting your birthday day paid time off. Dan's birthday was on a Thursday this year, Well, Wednesday afternoon as Dan was walking out the door, his boss stopped him and told him that other team members were going to be out tomorrow and asked if he'd be willing to work on his birthday...what do you say to that??? So despite the plans we'd made assuming he'd have the day off, he put on his big boy pants and took one for his team!
Despite having to work, I still tried to make his day special. I woke up early and made him breakfast--homemade pancakes and bacon. When he got home he opened his birthday presents--new shoes, jeans, shirt, and a "5 senses" gift basket. Dan said he just wanted to relax at home with his girls, so we ate a yummy homemade steak dinner with asparagus and rolls. Instead of a cake, we had Dan's favorite--Payson Market's "old fashioned" donuts. We put Elise to bed and had some alone time ;)
Dan is an awesome husband and deserves to be celebrated and spoiled 365 days a year, and if I were a better wife he would be. But I am at least glad there is one day of the year that is set aside specifically for that purpose! I am glad we have our little Elise with us now to join in on the celebrations, even the little things are much more fun with her in our family!



No comments:
Post a Comment