Wednesday, December 2, 2015

5 months!

Elise turned five months old yesterday! It seems like she has changed a lot recently, almost overnight, into such an active, wiggly baby!  She is now rolling from tummy to back, and back to tummy.  She mostly rolls on her right side both ways.  She wiggles around in her crib and turns like a clock!  I find her in a new position each morning!  She seems to enjoy tummy time more these days, and it doesn't seem as strenuous on her.  She will bring her knees up and you can tell she wants to crawl, but is not quite there yet!  She also loves to stand (supported) and she seems to have strong legs!

She still loves to read books and we read to her during the day and before bed.  Now she actually likes to touch the books and feel the pages though instead of just observe.  She seems to be getting bored of the toys she has, so I can't wait to give her some new toys for Christmas.  She does love playing with kitchen spatulas and whisks though!

She is still "talking" AKA babbling a lot.  She hasn't said any words yet, but when she gets really sad and cries it sounds like she says "mom."  She makes a screaming noise, and must love what she sounds like because she does it all the time!  It's pretty cute.

She is the happiest baby in the mornings.  I wake up because I hear her babbling on the baby monitor, but she is content to just play with her feet and hang out in her crib for a good 30 minutes to an hour before she starts to get fussy and I have to get out of bed! When I go in to her crib to get her I always say, "good morning beautiful"  and she gets to biggest smile on her face and holds her arms out to me wanting me to pick her up.  We spend a couple hours each morning laying on her bedroom floor and playing and she is so so happy!  I wish she was that happy all the time lol.

She is a flexible little babe!  She can fit all her toes and then some into her mouth, and still loves to play with her feet.

At her four month checkup, her pediatrician gave us the green light to start her on solids, so we have slowly introduced her to the wonderful world of actual food!  She doesn't seem to be picky, and has liked almost everything I've given her; the one exception being green beans (but I think I just didn't season them enough, and I haven't tried to feed them to her again!)  She loves sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas, apple sauce, peaches, avocado, and rice cereal.  She has also tried pears, but seemed indifferent towards them :)  I usually feed her one solid a day, but will probably up it to twice a day this month.

She is getting some more hair on the little head of hers!  No teeth yet, but I think we might see one soon--she chomps down on everything in sight!

She loves to people watch!  She doesn't know yet that it's "rude to stare" lol.  When we go out in public she is such a serious baby and will just observe everyone around her.  It is really hard to get her to smile when we go somewhere other than home or when a lot of people are around because she is so focused on watching the people and her surroundings!

We love this little babe with all our hearts, and love seeing how much she is growing and changing!

5 amazing months!

Trying to stand like a big girl!

Ready for church.  I love putting her in dresses!

Eating like a champ!

Within the past week she's started doing this back-bend move all the time.  It started as something she'd do to escape me wiping her runny nose or eye, but now she does it because she thinks it's fun!

She loves puppies.  Yuki is still not a huge fan, but Moka is just the right size and will let Elise pet her!

A snapchat I had to share on here.  She is getting to be a chunky monkey!  I love her cottage cheese bum and all her rolls!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for cottage cheese bums! I'm so surprised when I see a blog comment anymore! Elise seriously has the most beautiful face! I'm so happy to see you guys so happy! Can't believe my blog was once this detailed! Now I'm lucky to just throw the pictures on there! I feel so bad I can't remember all the cute things the kids have said! Keep it up! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for cottage cheese bums! I'm so surprised when I see a blog comment anymore! Elise seriously has the most beautiful face! I'm so happy to see you guys so happy! Can't believe my blog was once this detailed! Now I'm lucky to just throw the pictures on there! I feel so bad I can't remember all the cute things the kids have said! Keep it up! :)