Monday, October 12, 2015

Elise's Blessing Day

Elise was blessed by her daddy, Daniel, on Sunday October 11th.  He gave a wonderful blessing.  I had planned to bring a pen and paper to write it down and save for her, but being the forgetful person I am (and not to mention super busy that morning)I forgot!  Although I don't remember verbatim the words that were said, I will always remember the spirit and love that I felt as Dan spoke.

We got to the chapel and Elise was WIDE awake.  No sleeping in sight.  She also hadn't pooped in 2 days, and she tends to have big poops during church.  I was so afraid she was either going to have a blow out in her dress, or be super fussy during the blessing...yes, I worry too much.  She was awake when Dan took her up, but fell asleep in his arms half way through the blessing (and no blowout)!

We had so many family members and friends show up, and we felt their love and support for our little family.  So many men who are important to us got to stand in on the blessing.  It was awesome to see the huge circle of priesthood holders surround Dan and Elise.  And it was also nice to have a full congregation!  Our ward is very small!!  So small that with the friends and family who showed up for the blessing, the attendance doubled what it usually is!

After sacrament meeting we all gathered at our house for lunch and visiting.  The weather couldn't have been any better, and we ate and visited in our backyard.  I love that so many family members came!  I was a bit nervous that we would not have enough food, but we ended up having plenty and even leftovers.  The menu was kept simple but tasty.  I ordered foot longs and cupcakes from Payson Market (I used to love baking them myself, but with a baby...ain't nobody got time for that!!).  Lots of family members brought yummy salads, desserts, and other sides to share with everyone.

Elise was content as can be.  She was tired and did not smile too much but she did not fuss or cry and she loved being outside!  Every one raved about how adorable she looked in her blessing dress (which I already knew...being her mom and all :) but it is always nice to get compliments from others about your baby!  I bought her dress from Baby Gap after seeing it and thinking it'd be perfect for what I wanted.  I loved the color, simplicity and how soft and angelic it looked without being so uncomfortable and "typical" of blessing dresses.  She looked like a little angel.  The lace slippers I found on Etsy, they were so cute on her little feet.  I laced them up like ballerina slippers, but she kicked so much they would hardly stay on, so after sacrament I just took them off instead of readjusting them every 5 seconds lol.

My heart is SO full of love for that little girl.  She is the single biggest accomplishment of my life, and I think everyday about how I can possibly be the mom she deserves.  I am so grateful for Dan and the awesome father and husband he is.  I am grateful he was able to bless her and start her little life on this earth off on the right foot :)
Elise with her great Gma Mary and great Grandpa Twitchell

I managed to get Grandma and Grandpa to smile pretty hard with my silly faces..But Elise wasn't going for it



Some of the Jensen "teenager" cousins

Smiling with Grandpa Jensen

Proud Dad and Mom 

We seriously spend 99% of our time kissing her!  

Daddy with his little princess :)



Like I said, 99%

"Okay Mom, enough with the kisses already!!"

Airplane babe

Airplane...gets a smile every time.  And more kisses from Mom.

Cuddles with Abuelita

Grandpa and Grandma Malan

My heart just hurts (good hurt) when I look at this picture.

"I'm going to wiggle like crazy and play with my dress now making it hard for you to take pictures of me, okay mom?!" Bye bye slippers :)

Smile or no smile, slippers or no slippers, she is still too dang cute in my book!

Goodness we love you, Elise!!!

No comments: