Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day 2015

It was a day full of everything but labor.  My kind of holiday!  Elise was a little gem and slept for 7 hours and 45 minutes the night before!!! I woke of feeling like a million bucks.  We took our time getting ready, then met up with Sue and Chey and explored the Onion Days booths at the park.  Really, the booths are mostly full of junk, lol, but I did find a few cute headbands for Elise.

It's become somewhat of a tradition to get together with the Jensen family on labor day and go for a bike ride down Payson Canyon then meet in West Mtn for a BBQ and then play a "friendly" game of volleyball (lets be honest though, when Lorin and I start playing there's no such thing as friendly unless you're on the winning team)!  This is typically what happens every year.  This year was a little different, but still just as fun!

We kept the tradition of the bike ride and took a ride down Stumpjumper -- Lorin, Dan, Brent, Bridgette, Chris (and his dad and brother), and I.  Grandma Sue and Chey stayed home and watched Elise for us!

This year we decided to do tin foil dinners instead of a BBQ.  Each couple brought their own. Everyone was pretty creative with their dinners.  There was salmon with asparagus, lots of steak, and each dinner looked delish!  Dan and I made Italian chicken with peppers, mushrooms, and onions.  We enjoyed smores and banana boats for dessert.

The volleyball games didn't happen this year.  Instead we spent time sitting around the campfire and sharing funny stories and memories.  We talked for hours and enjoyed each other's company.  Dan entertained the group with all the children's songs we now know by heart thanks to little Elise.  We sang, "Carrot stew" "Wheels on the bus", "Green grass grew all around" and many more.  It was pretty funny to see a group of grown ups singing our hearts out around the campfire to such songs.  There is really nothing that stops Dan from entertaining his little girl :)

Most of the gang, waiting for our tinfoil dinners to cook


These pictures have nothing to do with Labor day, other than I took them on Labor day lol.  I just love them all too much not to share.  Elise is so photogenic (which she does not get from me!)


Grandma Sue was making all sorts of funny faces and noises to get her to smile

Yay! We caught a smile on camera!



I smother her with kisses all day long!

"Really mom??  Another picture??"


She chose the perfect time to nap right when our dinners were ready to eat!

Supergirl!  Playing with Aunt Bridgette



No comments: