Thursday, August 13, 2015

Elise's Newborn Photos

Most of you have probably seen these pictures on facebook, but I wanted to blog and share them here as well!

After Elise was born I knew I wanted to get some professional newborn pics taken.  I googled newborn photography then compared reviews, pictures, and prices of a few local photographers that came up.  I decided to book with "Poppies and Posies Newborn Photography" because I liked their portfolio. I called up Janine, the owner, and scheduled my appointment.  She was super professional and gave me some basic information and tips for the day of.

In the meantime, my sister in law, Whitney, and I decided to do our own newborn shoot just for fun.  I'd seen all the ridiculously cute poses on pinterest  and thought to myself, "how hard can it be?"  Before the shoot I'd fed Elise as much as she'd eat, hoping to put her into a milk coma and she'd be easy to work with!  Let me just say this: newborn photography is dang hard!!!  She was wide awake the entire time, and she would not hold any of the poses we tried to put her in.  She wasn't fussy, but we simply had no idea what we were doing, so we were unable to get any cute pictures.  After this epic fail I was so nervous for our professional photography appointment!  What if she was fussy, or what if I paid a fortune and still didn't get any great pictures back??

The morning of the shoot Elise woke up at 6:30 am and I forced her to stay awake the entire morning until we left for our appointment at 10! I knew she'd fall asleep on the car ride there (we drove from our house in Payson to Lehi) and I hoped she'd be tired enough to sleep during the pictures! I also fed her right before we left.  My plans worked and she slept the ENTIRE time!  She was an angel!

The photographers were SOOO good with her and it was obvious they had so much experience working with newborns.  They knew just how to handle her, they were so patient and it was so much fun to just sit back and watch them with her!  They were so creative and I loved all the ideas and props they had chosen to use on her.  I couldn't wait to get the pictures back and when I did they were even better than I could have imagined!

I could not chose a favorite if I had to try.  Here are her pictures!










1 comment:

McKell said...

You should post the newborn picture fails. Mainly just because who doesn't love Pinterest fails?! :) haha. The pictures are so cute!