Sunday, July 22, 2012

Random Weekend Fun and Weight Loss Progress

We finally got our pass of all passes, and I was super lucky to get two of them for $15!  I met my friend Kristi and her little boy Van at 7 Peaks Saturday afternoon for a couple hours of fun.  It was hot and crowded, but I just loved getting some sun and visiting with Kristi.  We hung out in the kiddi pool, which was the perfect area to sit and tan because the water is shallow.  We also went down the lazy river, and one of the slides.  Van was so much fun!  He loved playing in the water, and was the happiest little kid ever.  He didn't cry or whine once!  We got booted out due to a private party, so didn't get to go on the other slides, but, hey, I can go as much as I want now, so if anyone you wanna go let me know!

It's tradition to go to the Fiesta Days rodeo every year, so last night we met up with most of the family except for Sue and Jake who were working cherries and couldn't be there :(  Spanish Fork re-did the entire arena, and it is really nice now! There is so much more leg and seat room, and they have backs on the bleachers so you don't have to worry about things falling down to the ground!  The rodeo was fun--maybe it was just that particular night, but a lot of the cowboys seemed a little off and were struggling to even get qualifying times.  It seemed like there were only 4 or 5 competitors in each event as well.  We spent a lot of time listening to who the sponsors were and not enough time watching some cool riding.  The mutton busting was pretty entertaining as usual. One little kid ended up riding his sheep clear down the other side of the arena backwards.  I also have to give props to the rodeo clown, he had some really funny skits, particularly one where he put on a women's fat suit and was dancing and riding a horse. Despite the lack of thrills, it was sure fun to visit with the family and see Grandpa and Grandma Jensen who were able to come down as well!

The gang watching the show

 Also, I have to brag a little bit more about my husband! He amazes me and I am so proud of him!  He started out 2 months ago at our official starting weigh in at 215 lbs (just a few months before that he was 225 at his heaviest...) and today he weighs 183!!!  That's 32 lbs since we started our lifestyle changes and 42 lbs total within the last 5 months!  I started out at *gulp* 137 lbs, the heaviest I have weighed, and now weigh 125.  I have weighed 125 a lot in my life, but the difference is how I look now.  I can tell my body is getting more toned and muscular instead of just flabby.  It's crazy how much better I feel about myself;  I have struggled throughout my entire life with my weight and body image and this process has made me realize that I am capable of more than I thought, and also that to get the changes you want you have to work for them--there is no quick solution or fix.  Healthy eating and exercise are the only ways!!!

We still have a long ways to go before we meet our end goals, but the results are so rewarding and encouraging to keep up the hard work.  Dan doesn't want me to post pics of his muscles quite yet (even though they are looking pretty buff and amazing already lol).  I don't blame him, I am still not quite ready to post mine yet either.  We are really excited for the future and continuing to progress and reach our goals!
 
Getting ready to head out of the house to the rodeo



My stud muffin!  It's crazy how much younger he looks now!







8 comments:

Blake and La-Shana Francom said...

You guys are so cute! And you both look great! Keep it up! :)

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

Let's plan a lunch date or Seven Peaks day! I miss you!

Courtney and Tyson said...

You guys look great! I think we might go to 7peaks tomorrow with Seth... I know you said probably weekends are better. We need to plan something!

Aubree Roberts said...

So fun! How did you get such a great deal on the pass of all passes?! You guys look awesome! Keep up the great work!

Jana Porter said...

you guys look great way to go!

Jason and Emily Gruber said...

oh my! you guys look awesome! keep it up! you are one sexy woman!

Summer Simmons-Turpin said...

Congratulations on the lifestyle changes, SO awesome! We need to have a double date sometime!

Jannifer said...

K you guys look so good, congrats! I also love your long hair, you look so pretty.