We spent our anniversary in St George doing what we love-biking. We have always teased that our new bikes were our anniversary (as well as Christmas, birthdays, and every other holiday) presents, so what better way to spend our special day together than with our "gifts". Bridgette and Brent came down with us, and we had a lot of fun together! They have become just as enthusiastic about biking as we are, so it's nice to always have biking buddies to go with. We got to St George Friday night, checked into our hotel and hit up Bear Claw Poppy for a quick run; then we took to the hotel pool and hot tub for a relaxing end to a long day of driving.
By the end of the night, we were so ready to hit the pillows and fall into a relaxing sleep, but our A/C had other plans...it decided to keep us up all night by sounding like a jackhammer on steroids! Dan tried fixing it about ten times throughout the night, he got pretty creative, even using styrofoam cups and anything else he could find to try and shut the thing up! Of course, he would get it to be quiet just until he had turned off the light and crawled into bed when the stupid A/C started going crazy again! I think we finally fell asleep around 2:30 am, only to be woken up by our alarms at 6:30 that morning (Luckily, the hotel had other rooms available with A/C's that worked, so we slept like babies Saturday night!)
Despite our lack of sleep, we knew St George gets so hot during the day we had to get biking early if we were going to survive! We spent about 4-5 hours Saturday at Gooseberry Mesa. Gooseberry Mesa is amazing. There are very few places you can ride the kind of terrain it offers, and it is so different than the kind of biking we do up here. There are many times you are riding inches away from a thousand foot drop! It was a killer workout, and thrilling ride all in one!
After biking the trails at Gooseberry, we made our way back to the hotel where we played in the pool for a bit, waited for it to cool down, then went down Bear Claw Poppy a second time. We spent about 6 hours total biking that day, and were ready for some grub! We went back to the hotel, got cleaned up, and went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse to celebrate our anniversary. I had the best intentions of staying strong and ordering the healthiest options possible, that is until the waitress set a basket of rolls and cinnamon butter down in front of me! My self control flew out the window, and I felt like the biggest sinner. Then I realized I had burned about 1100 calories biking and could treat myself one meal!
It was a quick get-a-way, but we had some awesome adventures, and made some pretty sweet memories!
 |
| All packed, bikes loaded, and ready to head out of town! |
|
|
|
|
Gooseberry Mesa Pics:
 |
| Dan got some great footage with his Go-Pro and is working on making a movie, so I'll post that when he gets done! |
 |
| 5 years! Yes, we're cheesy! |
 |
| Still smiling despite the heat! |
 |
| Breathtaking views along the top of the mesa! |
 |
| Such cuties |
 |
| We are not sure what Brent is doing back there lol! |
 |
| I decided to explore this rock on my own, when Dan started freaking out. He was yelling at me to "get down right this minute", but I was determined to get a picture before I did! I guess he had had a nightmare the night before about me falling off a cliff to my death! Luckily, that did not happen. |
 |
| Biker buddies |
 |
| Another great view ;) |
 |
| We worked up a sweat! |
 |
| So funny with his helmet and camera on, he looks like an alien! |
 |
| Enjoying our dinner |
 |
| Great company ;) |
|
|
|
And I just love this picture. It's my favorite of the bunch.
 |
After five years, we're still on top of the world!
|
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Looks like so much fun! So glad you gave into those TRH rolls!!! You should never pass those up!
Wow 5 years, congrats! What a fun vacation, I would have been freaking out being that close to the edge on a bike though. ha I let myself indulge occasionally on treats or delicious food, I would go crazy if I didn't!
Post a Comment