Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July Fun

I loved the 4th being on a Wednesday this year because we got the day off in the middle of the work week, which made the work week a little more bearable! 


The fun started out with a biking trip down Payson Canyon--we called it the "Tour de Payson Canyon" lol.  We had a big group with us this time--we took most of the Jensen biking gang (minus Whit who had to work :(  plus Chris (Whitney's fiance) and his dad and brother.  Chris' dad knows every inch of Payson Canyon and is fun to bike with because he shows us so many new trails.  We started out at the very top of the canyon and went down Stump Jumper trail.  It's my new favorite for the time being!  Then we shuttled back up a few miles to Benny Creek and hit the upper portion.  It was my first time doing the upper portion of Benny--basically it's a lot more uphill at the beginning, but a way fun downhill to make up for the climbing!  Chris' dad scared the crap out of us by wrecking pretty hard!  There is about a 10 ft jump on Benny Creek that looks pretty sketchy...  Apparently, he does it all the time, but this time he jumped it then landed wrong and flew over his handlebars and rolled a few times down the trail.  He popped right up without any major injuries, and, of course, went right back up to hit the jump again!  He landed it right the second time, thank goodness!

Check out this sick jump by Jim--Chris' dad.

It was a long ride, and by then end of it we were all covered in dust and sweat!  Surprisingly, it was my first ride in a long time where I didn't wreck!  I've had some pretty intense wrecks the last few times I've biked.  I sprained my ankle pretty bad about a month ago, and it's still sore every now and then.  I guess I haven't really been the best about staying off it to fully let it heal (who wants to sit on the couch all day when there is so much to do outside?!)  I also wrecked and scraped my arms and legs up pretty bad about a week ago! People probably just assume my husband beats me ;)  



 After biking, we met up in West Mountain for a BBQ.  We had veggie and steak shish-kabobs with lots of yummy sides!  After dinner we decided we wanted to practice willys out on the grass.  That turned into jumping over 2x4's, which turned into creating our own red-neck jumps in the back yard! 






Ha ha... Lorin taking a willy to far!

Dan almost doing the same thing!

Sychronized jumping lol

More jumping.  Too bad it got dark before we got footage of the big home-made jumps!
Chey Pie watching the action.  She's such a cutie!

Chris and Whitney chilling


Sporting our white and blue!  We don't own much red!

1 comment:

BBcheever said...

Dang, too bad we had to leave before the red neck games started! Let's do this all again on Saturday.