Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Activities

 My grandpa Twitchell got married on Saturday. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.  He and his bride were like little school kids in love.  For some reason everything is so much funnier and cuter when old people do it, so to witness them dancing and kissing really made my day!  I couldn't stay too long because I had to get to work--I started a new job working part time at Discovery Ranch a couple weeks ago. It is a residential treatment center for teenagers. I started because I wanted to gain experience in my field.  I only work a couple nights a week, and it doesn't even feel like work because I enjoy it so much.  There is a boys house and a girls house, and although the girls house is full of drama and the boys house smells like stinky feet all the time, I really like both!

Kelee and I with Grandpa and Mary.  An anonymous friend gave them both "Just Married" hats.  They were hilarious!




Sunday the weather was so nice that we decided to go for a walk up Provo canyon.  We took Yuki with us, and she loved it!  Usually she is afraid of any kind of water, but this time she jumped right in the Provo river without even thinking and had a blast playing around in it.  We walked up to Bridal Veil Falls and back. It was nice to enjoy the sunshine together!

Playing in the river




5 comments:

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

I'm so glad you blogged! I've been needing a Savannah fix! :) Your new job sounds like fun!

McKell said...

i've heard really good things about discovery ranch! i hope you love it there

Courtney and Tyson said...

You look so pretty! That's exciting about your job. It's time to get together!!!

Jannifer said...

I think I would love that job. There is something so rewarding about working with young people. Love your hair long by the way, you look great!

Jana Porter said...

glad you guys are alive and well!