Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wild, Wild West

Spanish Fork decided to put together Wild West days this year. Dan's parents were nice enough to buy us tickets, so we went to the show as a family. We got there about an hour early to walk around the fairgrounds before the show started. There was some neat stuff--an exhibit of covered wagons used back in the day, a mechanical bull, old western photo booth, some yummy food booths, and some local country/blues singers. I also saw face painting and some sort of show for kids. The actual Wild West show was any thing but wild. It was the first year, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last year because it was pretty boring. We saw the same covered wagon ride around the arena about ten times. Different wild west characters came out and rode around the arena on horses, but it was slow, and the announcer was anything but animated and lively. My favorite part of the show was a clogging number (not exactly anything to do with the wild west lol). But we did have fun visiting with family, and we did get a picture or two :)

Dan wouldn't get up on the wagon with me because he was afraid he would break it!

Yee-haw!

Did anyone else go to the show? If so, was it just me, or was it a little disappointing?

2 comments:

Alex and Misty Smith said...

Hey there,!! I saw that you went to wild west days so I had to check your blog. You look like you had fun...!!! No Alex and I didn't even go and we live in Spanish Fork. I looked at the fest days calander and after I looked it over I decided that I would just pass it up. Which sounding from your experience it was a good thing. But hey, spending time anywhere with family is great!!

Aubree Roberts said...

Can I just say your hair is getting so long and gorgeous! I was curious how that was..at least you were able to spend time with family!