Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shebang

Life has gotten a lot busier, and soon to be even busier. Here is why: Dan just got another job at Novell working the swing shift (2-11pm). It sucks. I miss him already, and it's only his fourth day. So I sit at work in the office all by my lonesome, busy as bee because I lost my right hand man. Furthermore: School starts on the 25 and I am taking night classes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday after work. Okay, I know this is what grown ups do, but I hate working...at least at Watchman. I can't wait for the day when Dan finishes school and makes millions so I don't have to work (a girl can dream, right?)

Well last weekend we decided to make a spur of the moment trip down to St George for one last "shebang" before our lives suck. It was so worth it! Friday night we got settled into our hotel then decided to go to a movie. We saw "Dinner for Schmucks" I have mixed feelings about the show. It was crude...I mean pretty bad. But at the same time I thought it was hilarious. I am a horrible person, right.

Saturday morning we hiked/explored Snow Canyon. It was neat and all, but oh so hott. I would have liked to stay longer, but we just couldn't hack the heat. The rest of the day we spent a lot of time in the pool! Dan was the entertainment of all the little kids because he kept doing different dives in to the pool (back flips, cannon balls, front flips, etc.) They all thought he was pretty neat stuff lol. Later that night we went to dinner at Red Lobster, and I had the best piece of chocolate cake I have ever eaten. Also, we had a gift certificate to the Tuahcan so we went and saw Cats. I hadn't heard anything about it before hand, but the costumes had always sort of freaked me out. I didn't know what to expect, but I really, really enjoyed it! The cast was very talented! Even Dan had a good time :)

Sunday morning, despite the nagging urge to stay, we ate one last complimentary hot breakfast, and headed home....I sure could get used to vacationing every weekend, but real life has officially started up again.


SNOW CANYON:
I played around with the shadows on some of these cause I thought the orange coloring looked really cool!
Pioneer names


Inside one of the caves

Peek-a-boo




I'm there, look closely

TUACAHN:

5 comments:

Courtney and Tyson said...

Welcome to the real world! :) I wondered where you went, if I don't see a post from you every other day I tend to think you fell off the planet. Glad you had another fun trip!

Sam and Riley said...

What a fun trip! I wish we could just pick up and go like that! Looks like you two had a good time!

The Ahlins said...

We were in st.george the same weekend! we were going to see cats but got nervous cause we hadn't heard anything about it so we didn't go..sad! but Im happy you had fun!

Jannifer said...

Our life is about to get a lot busier too! We are both taking off next week and just doing whatever before life gets crazy. Looks like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

sounds fun Savannah!!