I know most of you don't know her, so won't have much interest in this post, but I want to remember this day lol!
So...details... He was five days early, but still weighed over 8 lbs!! She named him William Scott, and he is adorable!!! My aunt Beci is a mid wife in Texas, and came out to deliver the baby. Beci estimated that if he would have been on time he would have weighed about 10 lbs--lucky for her he came early! I don't remember how long is was...( I know, I know, I'm horrible, but I have never had a baby of my own, so I don't pay attention to those details lol.) ...but I do know he is long! He barely fit into a preemie outfit. I can't get enough of him...which is perfect because I get my baby fix, but don't have to deal with the crying all night :) She decided to have a natural birth (how she did it I will never know lol). She had it in a birthing pool. Beci said she did great, and was only in labor for a total of five hours (I guess first time deliveries average about 12 hours...yikes.) She only pushed for about 20 minutes before little William decided to come out. I am so proud of her! The only minor complication was that she hemorrhaged, so she will be taking it easy these next few weeks. After talking to Jessie and Beci about her labor and delivery I realized there is a lot about the whole process I knew nothing about... What is really important in the end is that my sister has a heathly, adorable baby boy, and she is doing well too!
6 comments:
I can't believe she did it naturally! Wow, she's awesome! I'm so glad everyone is heathy!
I can not believe you made her that blanket by hand! I'm impressed! She had the baby naturally? She's nuts! I am going to be begging the doctor for 2 epidurals! Yikes! Get ready for another neice or nephew to come your way, just 6 more months!
Oh ya, tell Jessie Congratulations for me! I would love to see her sometime!
so exciting! congrats. and you look beautiful!
He is adorable! She is a very strong woman to go completely natural! WOW!! That blanket is so cute! You did an awesome job!
he is so cute!! we need to get together some time soon!!
Post a Comment