1-watching fireworks is something Dan and I really enjoy! We have been lucky enough to go to the stadium of fire for the past three years, but weren't able to score free tickets this year :( Instead we decided to haul our guest-bed twin mattress out the front window and on to the roof (It wasn't technically our roof, but the roof of one of the storage sheds just outside our windows...I was so afraid it was going to break and we would fall through to our death, but it was actually pretty sturdy) to watch the Pleasant Grove Fireworks. It ended up being quite a show because we were able to see most of the fireworks going on in North Utah County...including Lindon, Lehi, Pleasant Grove, and Thanksgiving Point. We couldn't see the Stadium fireworks, or any others south of Orem because of big buildings in our way. Nevertheless, PG put on a great show. It lasted for at least 40 minutes. I keep thinking, "Here's the grand finale...no, this is definitely the grand finale...it's gotta be the finale..." but it just kept going and going! Yuki was even mesmerized by them.
2- All the yummy food and BBQ's! This year was the exception to a BBQ, but certainly not to good food. I made pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, and some yummy summer squash/zuchinni. It was delicious, and looked really good too, but we ate it before I thought about taking a picture.
Another big event this 4th of July weekend:
Cheyenne's baptism!!! She looked so pretty, and very happy on her special day. I got asked to lead the music. Grandma Jensen and Bridgette gave some great talks that were very simplified for Cheyenne, but I felt like they were just perfect for me to hear too! We took some family pictures, and pictures of Chey outside the church, but I don't have any copies yet...
After-wards the family went to eat lunch at Dalton's in Payson. It was yummy as always! We spent the afternoon hanging around and visiting. Later that day Dan, Brent, Jake, Lorin and I went to a spot Dan had found to "bash" their remote control trucks...I know, I know...my husband is a 12 year old boy again :) Ha ha, actually these monster trucks are the real deal. They are gas powered, really fast, and really fun to watch them wreck. I recorded a lot of footage of them "bashing" it up--you can check it out on facebook if you like. Luckily, Dan's truck escaped undamaged, even though he rolled down 30 foot cliffs all day.
4 comments:
you guys are so fun. seriously. i love all the stuff you guys do! see you at softball go team!
Sounds like you guys had such a fun holiday weekend! That would be so much fun to lay out on the roof and watch the fireworks!
I love the fireworks on the roof idea! How fun! Sounds like we're planning on the 23rd. Hope everyone can make it!
dang, i wish i had a roof to watch the fireworks from...someday...
Post a Comment