Friday, December 30, 2016

Halloween 2016

I've been meaning to finish up my 2016 posts before the year is over! It hit me that it's literally two days away, so I best get blogging!

HALLOWEEN...

...this year was so much fun. Each year, each holiday, gets exponentially better as Elise gets older and is able to get in to them a little bit more. This year, for the Jensen Halloween party, Whitney and Chris took on the planning, and picked out a theme for costumes: Nursery Rhymes/Fairy Tales.  That was a perfect fit for what I had been planning to dress us up as anyways because Elise loves animals, and I knew I wanted to dress her up as a sheep since she loved to say, "baa baa" every time we ask her what a sheep says.  So we chose to go as "Little Bo Peep and her lost sheep."  I made Elise's sheep costume out of a women's sized vest I found at DI.  I did not want to tackle Dan's costume, so we ordered his from Amazon, and it was hilarious on him. I found my white poofy dress from DI and, I ordered the apron and bonnet off of an Etsy store. It was a bit pricey, but it made the whole custome, so I think it was worth it! My Shepherds crook was just two of those $1 candy canes that I spray painted silver and then taped together. It was definitely not the sturdiest crook ever, but it was perfect for a photo prop!

We had so much fun at the family Halloween party. We LOVED that everyone went all out with their costumes. We ate lots of tasty treats, we played games, including the yearly "rap battle."



Dan is totally all in when it comes to getting into character on Halloween ;)

Little Bo peep with her sheep

Cutest little sheep I've ever seen

"Jack and Jill" AKA Grandpa Jensen and Sue

"The Gingerbread Babe".. and the old couple who baked it ;)

"Three little monkeys" Chey was so creative with this costume.

It was practically a zoo!
Brenley made the cutest gingerbread cookie!


AKA Chris and Whitney

Lorin's humpty dumpty KILLS me. The best.

My sweet little sheep


Jake and Cara. Loved their animal costumes.


We also dressed up for a second party with Kelee, Vinny, and some of Kelee's friends.

80's fam. Ready to party.





Elise's smile in these two pictures is my FAV!



And lastly, the morning of Halloween I ran in a 5k with these two crazies. I never enjoy running, yet for some reason I still do it. Like every three of four months is all, so I never get any better at it! The shirts were made by La-Shauna.

No comments: