This past July Dan and I celebrated nine years of marriage! We spent two nights in Park City, just the two of us. It was so nice to spend time as a couple again. We mountain biked at Deer Valley. We ate lots of yummy food. We shopped at the outlets. We also went to The Paint Mixer, and spent an evening painting. I am not artistic by nature, but the class was easy enough and I think our "art" turned out alright! We left Elise with Grandma Jensen, who was so great to send us pictures and updates so we got our fix in while we were apart!
I would be lying if I said our marriage didn't change a little bit after Elise joined our family. It was kind of rough for the first little while. I am not sure if it was due to hormones, sleep deprivation, body issues, or what. Probably a combination of all of the above. I felt like we were not as close as we used to be. I felt like our family was complete, but mine and Dan's relationship as a couple was not. I don't know how to explain it, really. Luckily, over time, we adjusted to our new life as parents rather than just love birds, and we are figuring out how to still be a close couple and spend quality time with the two of us. I can honestly say our marriage and family feels more right and brings me more joy than it ever did before.
There are a lot of things I have always found attractive about Dan. But I can say, hands down, my number one thing now is him as a father. He is such an amazing dad. He goes out of his way to spend quality time, daily, with Elise. He loves to play with her, and he shows us that we are important to him by always putting us first.
Pictures from our weekend in Park City:





No comments:
Post a Comment