I successfully finished my first party/event post Pinterest!
See,
before I joined Pinterest I was happy just inviting some people over, baking some treats, and that was it.
After Pinterest, I can no longer look at parties/events the same. After seeing so much creativity and inspiration, I really wanted to go all out and make it cute and special for Jessie. I started browsing for baby shower ideas--I loved the theme "ready to pop" and just rolled with it.
The decorations were pretty easy to make, at least easier than I would have though by just looking at them. I made the pom poms (courtesy of the Martha Stewart tutorial found on Pinterest) out of tissue paper and floral wire. The banner was my favorite part of the decor, and super easy because I already had all the scrap book paper, and clothespins. I found the party favor card by searching for "popcorn" on google images. It was black and white, so I changed the colors in Picassa and added the text.
The treats had to go along with the "Pop" theme, so cake pops were obvious. It was my first time making them, and they were sort of a nightmare. They were so time consuming and messy, but they still turned out tasting yummy, so it was worth all the hassle! The Cinnamon Roll popcorn was super easy, and by far the crowd favorite. I got told it tasted so "gourmet." The mini poppy seed muffins were from a box, but still tasted good. Mary made the rice crispy treats and the punch.
We played a game where there were 6 different baby foods with lable ripped off. We passed them around and everyone tried to guess the flavor. Some (like carrots) were obvious, and others (like Chicken and broth) were not so obvious. We also had some scrap booking materials out for anyone who wanted to make a page for Jessie to put in a scrapbook we gave her.
I am pretty proud of how everything turned out, and I am so grateful to all who helped out and came out to support Jessie!!! Here are some pics of the fun:
 |
| The food table |
 |
| Yes, I realized after the fact that I spelled Cinnamon wrong...Please don't judge me. I graduated from Payson High, ok?! |
 |
| Mary made the Rice Crispy treats. The slogan worked with the theme! |
 |
| Cake pops |
 |
| I love how the pom poms turned out. I was nervous before I got them hung that they wouldn't be "full" enough, but they looked great. |
 |
| The party favors. |
 |
| Jessie with her friends from high school |
 |
| Jessie's friends playing the "Guess the flavor" with baby food |
 |
| Twitchell side playing the guessing game |
 |
| She scored, and got a bunch of cute outfits, diapers, a baby swing, lots of blankets, etc! |
 |
| My Grandma Malan and Aunt Laurie with Jessie |
 |
| Mary, my co-hoster, and Jessie and me |
 |
| Due in about a month, and looking great! |
3 comments:
when you add Dan you have to start dong the posts under Dan's name. I use to post under "McKell Merkley" but now I have my "McKell Merk" account I do my posts under.
I'm glad Mckell posted first because after I read your post I thought Dan had gone all Martha Stewart!!! Ha ha I can just picture Dan the man in the kitchen tackling cake pops with pink sprinkles! :) You did a great job with the shower! I'm so excited for Jesse!
Love this! So impressed!
Post a Comment