Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to Dan

Dan is now 28!  He told me he feels just as young and healthy as when he was in high school for the first birthday since then! 

He got a new Fox Van RC2 fork.  He was starring out the window all day waiting for the Fedex guy to come and deliver it. He kept whispering "fedex" all day long, as if they that would make it come faster! When his fork finally came he seriously carried it around in his arms all day like it was his child or something.  It was hilarious.  He also got some workout pants.

He took the day off of work Friday (his actual birthday was on Monday, but work was super busy that day and he knew he wouldn't be able to get it off).  He and Brent went biking up at the eagle mtn bike park to test out his birthday present.  Brent took a pretty bad fall off one of the jumps, so they weren't up there very long, but it was still long enough for Dan to test out his new fork.  He said it is "smooth as butter."  Having a good fork makes all the difference on a mtn bike, so it basically feels like a whole new bike to him.

Monday, his actual birthday, he endured the work day (I did let him sleep in an extra couple hours!)  After work we went to Tucanos, then went to the Desert Star Theater to see "My Fat Big Utah Christmas."   Dinner was ok.  There are a lot less options than I remember, and most of the meat was super tough and chewy. The garlic tenderloin is still my favorite, and the only meat I really enjoyed.  Luckily Dan's meal was free (thanks to their birthday club)!  The show at Deseret star was funny and entertaining as always.  I swear they replaced all their seats with more comfortable ones that have better back support (listen to me, I sound like an old lady) which was awesome because they sure pack you in like sardines!  We took full advantage of the fact that it was his birthday and enjoyed a delicious apple crisp a la mode while watching the show!



I love these two pictures.  He was such a cute little guy!!

Sporting his new workout pants
His fork


At Tucanos
The birthday boy

His parents gave him camo walkie-talkies

And Binoculars

Happy birthday Danny boy!  I am so grateful for the wonderful husband and person you are!!!

No comments: