Keyword: ACTIVE. We have been staying very busy! Now that we are meeting some of our fitness goals, we have been thinking of ways to get out of our comfort zones and try new things. For me that meant entering the Onion Days Cross Country Mtn Biking race and for Dan it meant running a 5K.
Well, Saturday, the day of the bike race, mother nature decided to let out her fury in the form of massive thunderstorms, so it got cancelled and postponed for next Saturday the 8th. The only issue with that day is that Dan and I were planning to run a 5K to raise awareness for drug/alcohol addiction (we already registered and bought shirts)...I would much rather do the bike race, so if any of you are interested in running the 5K for Dan and I you can have our shirts for free :) It's in Highland on Sept 8th at 9am...come on I know one of you guys will be interested!!!
Dan ran the Onion Days 5k! I really wanted to run it too, but it was $20 per entry and my mtn biking race was $20 as well (on top of the $40 I paid the week before to do the Kiss Me Dirty mudrun...more on that below). So Dan ran the 5K solo and did awesome! He ran it in 22.37 and he got 4th place in his age group (25-29) and 24th place overall (out of 183 men/396 total participants!) so he felt pretty good about it!
 |
| Brent and Dan before the race |
 |
| Brent did awesome! He finished 1st in his age group with a time of 21.06 |
 |
| Almost there! |
 |
| Dan crossing the finish line! |
 |
| After the race, and I still get a thumbs up from him- a good sign :) |
Another event I recently did was the Kiss Me Dirty Mudrun. It was sooo
fun! I'll be making this a yearly event. I went with my two sisters,
and two zumba friends. We made tutus to wear for fun, and had a great
time getting dirty! A portion of the proceeds (just under $12K) were
donated to the Huntsman Cancer Institute for gynecological cancer
research, which is awesome! Below are some pics of that:
 |
| Our team the "Dirty Dolls" before the mud! |
 |
| Kelee, me, Ana |
 |
| Karen, me, Ana |
 |
| I wish you could see it better, but Kelee made a bow with my hair, it was super cute for about five mins before we started the race! | |
|
|
 |
| they had a bubble bath pit at the end of the race, super fun! |
 |
| Me and Kelee trudging through the mud! |
 |
| ready to tackle the ropes course |
 |
| hoorah! |
 |
| All cleaned up after the mudrun, with our tee shirts! |
 |
| People left their dirty brassieres....yuck! |
 |
| Kelee went "dumpster" diving for a new bra |
 |
The back of our shirts. Super cute shirts as far a race shirts go!
|
|
|
To prepare for the upcoming races, Dan and I had to start running. I
have ran more in the last few weeks than ever before in my life
(excluding the treadmill). I am actually starting to like it. Did I
really just say that?? Well, I am starting to tolerate it would be more
accurate. My body no longer feels like it's going to have a heart
attack and die on me. I can run about 3.5 miles without stopping, which
is huge for me considering about three weeks ago I couldn't even run a
full mile.
An update on our fitness goals: Dan is weighing in at 178 lbs. He shifted his focus from cutting weight to building muscle about a month ago, and I have got to say he is looking pretty sexy :) I saw a number on the scale this morning that I haven't seen in about 5 years: 120!!! I am only 3 lbs away from my original goal weight. I have also shifted to trying to build more muscle and I feel great!
I am the worst at updating post by post, instead I wait a month then lump a bunch of posts into one, so thanks for reading this long one!
No comments:
Post a Comment