Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine

My Valentine is thoughtful.  He is romantic.  He is attractive.  He is respectful.  He is everything I could ask for in a Valentine.  I am so grateful for him. 
I wanted to show him just how much I love him by giving him a gift from my heart (sounds so corny, right??)  But it's true!!! 
I found an idea online called the "Date Jar".  (You can see it here: http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentines-dates-with-echo-park.html).  I liked the idea of making him a "jar", but Dan and I go on dates almost every weekend, so I didn't think it would be special enough.  I changed the concept to be a "mountain biking jar."  Mountain biking is our newest passion, so I knew Dan would love it!  In it I put a bunch of trails around Utah that would be fun to bike, and told Dan we would pick one out every month and bike it.  I decorated the jar up all cutesy and Valentinesy (which was more for my sake than for Dan's--he wouldn't care if I had given him a paper sack with trails in it lol).  I came up with the little poem all myself :)   





The back



Each little paper container contains a trail.  They are so cute. The papervine lady is so creative!




The finished product. 






Long stemmed roses from Dan.  I got the vase at Taipan's a while ago.  It's one of my favorites.  It usually houses a fake plant, but real roses look so much better!  He also gave me white chocolate covered Oreo's.  He knows the way to my heart!



Yuki with her Valentines Chew toy



We ended the night at The Desert Star Theater where we saw: CSI: Provo.  It was a funny spoof with lots of jokes on mormons and the local culture. 

I'm so glad I get to be with Dan for all eternity, and not just one night!  We sure enjoyed our Valentine's Day, and I hope you all did too!

1 comment:

Jannifer said...

What a cute idea, I love that!