Sunday, December 12, 2010

What's for Dinner

If you are like me, you get sick of making the same things for dinner all the time. I have my regular ten or so meals that I cycle through...and don't get me wrong, they are not going anywhere, but when you eat them week after week, they get old.

SO, I turned to Google, surfed through a few blogs, and finally found one that caught my eye. I printed off a few recipes that looked good, and got to work. Saturday I made carrot cake cupcakes for a family party--one word... yummy!

Tonight I made an Italian sausage, mushroom, and red pepper risotto for dinner. I had never attempted a risotto, but it's safe to safe I will be doing so again! The possibilities are endless with risotto, and this particular version was creamy, flavorful, a tad bit spicy, very Italian, and just plain delicious! I want to try and cook a new meal every week and add to my repertoire. What are some of your favorite dishes?


It looks like mush...this is because I cannot take pictures of food and make it look good...not because it tasted like mush, trust me this was delicious!

Now share with me your favorites :)

3 comments:

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

I think that I am in the same dinner slum that you are! Ugh! I hate trying to decide what to make for dinner!

Jana Porter said...

i have maybe the usual five recipes that i cycle through, i love that you take initiative to just find new ones... you have inspired me!

Courtney and Tyson said...

Wow, they would always make risotto on Hell's Kitchen when I used to watch it so I assume it's pretty professional! Keep sharing the new recipes! I'll let you know if I ever try one...