Sunday, June 20, 2010

Payson Canyon = Good Times

Dan and I spent the weekend in nature. We had a bonfire with our friends Casey and Kristi--which included roasting weenies, and lots of smores! Ace was so cute! It was the first time Kristi gave him chocolate, and he loved it (duh)! He ate it all night! He was also quite the cuddle bug with me. When I woke up the next morning I had chocolate all over my hoodie...it took me a minute to remember that it wasn't from me!

We also spent the night camping up Payson Canyon at Maple Bench. The weather was perfect! But I forgot our pillows, so it made for an uncomfortable sleep! On top of that, any time there was a noise outside our tent, I would reach over to Dan and ask, "did you hear that??" certain it was a bear. It must have gone and eaten someone else though because our camp wasn't bothered.

My boy scout getting the fire started

We woke up early enough Saturday morning to get out to Maple lake while the fish were still biting. We caught a few fish, and had a lot of fun! At first I was getting pretty bored and discouraged after sitting on the lake for a whole five minutes without catching anything, but soon enough I felt my line start to tighten, and my pole start to wiggle. I quickly jerked and started to real in but got caught in a bunch of moss on the way in. I thought for sure the fish had gotten away because it wasn't fighting any more, but sure enough the little guy was still on my line, along with 10 lbs of moss! After that we had a few more catches and a lot more snags (well at least I did). Fishing is not really my thing because I hate the waiting time...I am so not good at just chilling and relaxing...but the few catches in between made it exciting and worth it! The last cast of the day didn't end so well-- as I bull-whipped my line across the lake! I ended up loosing my hook, line, and sinker. Oh well. It was a good time to end the trip anyway!

No...this wasn't the first time I have caught a fish. My wacky facial expression is due to the fact that the little guy kept wiggling around and getting his yucky fish water all over me!

Dan is not afraid to grab the fish with his bare hands!


We love each other :)

6 comments:

Pages Pics said...

Ah I wish we could have come! We will seriously have to plan a trip in July. Maybe the second or third weekend? Looks like you had so much fun! You are so gorgeous!

Mandy said...

Looks like fun! Wish you could have come with us, maybe next time... :)

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

I'm still laughing at your fish picture! ha ha

Jana Porter said...

you guys are so cute!

Jason and Emily Gruber said...

Haha! That pic is priceless! Love it! P.S. you look so SO pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! Minus the no pillow thing! Fishing isn't my fav either but we love the canyon! You guys are so cute together!