Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Creation

I have to show you guys the gift Dan came up with for his mom. I thought it was hilarious, thoughtful, and very creative! He used gimp to design the cover and then we had each of the kids and Lorin (dad) write a letter to their mom about why she is so great. I scrap-booked them together and the last page had a picture of all of us kids that we took in his parent's field. His parents spent the week on an island down by Guatemala scuba diving so we were able to keep this a surprise. His mom loved it!

Sue pulled this out of the gift bag, and didn't even look at the cover for more than a second because she thought it was a real self help book we had bought from "Barnes and Noble." LOL, once she looked at the first page she realized it was not and went back to read the entire cover.

Whitney, Dan's sister, was sick, so we only took four pictures, and were able to get this! We even had the family dog looking at the camera :)


We also went down to my family, the Brickey's, house later that evening for a weenie roast, where there was never a short supply of perverted weenie jokes :) (Thanks Mandy for the picture lol).

Everybody keeping warm around the little fire!

Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Pages Pics said...

That was a great idea! And such a cute picture! It looks so professional, no wonder she thought it was the real thing!

Mandy said...

That book is really creative! Dan is so awesome! :) I'm glad that you guys were able to make it last night and that we could see you!

Cathy said...

Dan's cover is great! I'm so impressed! :) And I love the picture of all of you. You married into an awesome family. I'm glad you were able to make it down last night--it was good to see you!

Anonymous said...

That was a really good idea! The book looked hilarious! Keep up the good work!

Jannifer said...

That's pretty creative. Nice pic too!