Friday, April 30, 2010

Evacuate the Dance Floor...

Boy, Latin people sure know how to party, and weddings are no exception! One of my zumba friends got married tonight, and invited me to the reception. It was sooooo much fun! There was a full dinner with lots of different kinds of rice and chicken and other salads/sides, and usually I am not a fan of authentic Mexican food, but this was delicious!

The Bride and Groom

Zumba girls along with the groom



The real fun began after dinner...they had a dance with a DJ and all. It was so fun, they even played a few zumba songs, so all of us zumba girls broke it down and showed the crowd how it was done. When I was younger I used to go to quinceaneras (latin parties to celebrate the 15th birthday) a lot, and they would have big dances as well, but it had been years! I tried to no avail to get Dan out on the dance floor, but he did get some fun pics while he sat and watched me have fun :) Eventually, Dan gave me the ultimatum to leave now or walk home because he wanted to catch the last few mins of the Jazz game...I almost considered walking because I was having so much fun.



Did I mention how much fun the night was???

4 comments:

Sam and Riley said...

I love that last picture! Looks like a blast!

Courtney and Tyson said...

Looks like so much fun! I was just asking Tyson, do you actually have any latin blood? I know you've got your step mom, but I was just wondering! You've definitely got the moves!

Mandy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Next time Dan's gotta get out there, I'm sure he's got some serious dance moves. :)

Aubree Roberts said...

Latin weddings are the best! They sure do know how to party! Looks like fun! I still need to try zumba..I just don't want to go make a fool of myself all by my lonesome lol! I'm glad you had fun :)