
Last weekend Dan played in the March Madness Softball tournament in St George; he was originally going to ride down with the boys, and have a boys weekend, but I decided last minute to go with him. His parents and siblings also came down to watch him, so we decided to stay the whole weekend, and make a little vacation out of it. His team did pretty good considering it was their first game of the season. They started off a little rusty, but had a lot of fun! The team looks to be pretty promising, and I'm hoping they will play in a few more tourney's down there so I have an excuse to get out of this cold weather!! A few of the other guy's families came down to watch as well, so we had the best fans, and we made quite a bit of noise for the team! Dan played really well! He was able to use the bat I got him for Christmas for the first time; he had an in the park homer, and a few amazing catches. I forgot my camera :( boo! But his sister Whitney came to my rescue and took some cool pictures (that I haven't got from her yet).
We decided to take Yuki down with us this time. She was really good on the ride there and back. Our first night at the hotel she kept growling every time she heard anyone in the hall ways, and our room was right next to the entrance, so it was pretty noisy, but she finally went to sleep. It definitely was not as relaxing as when it's just Dan and I on vacation because we had to bring her everywhere with us! In between the softball games we swam in the pool, went rollerblading on a really neat trail, and had a yummy dinner at Texas Roadhouse!
By definition, a Jensen family vacation wouldn't be a vacation with out some sort of accident.(no matter the means of transportation...kayak, boat, expedition, and now add to the list:ford focus) This time it happened to be a flat tire. Dan and I had already made it to Beaver when we got the call. They didn't have a spare tire on them, so we drove back to Kolob Canyon thinking that our spare would work just fine...not so! They have a ford and we have a nissan...and our spare was not the right size. Our wrench was also too big for their lug nuts, but the park ranger at the visitor's center luckily had a universal wrench. They finally got the tire off and were able to run to the Cedar City Wal-mart and replace the tire. Luckily, Dan's family were able to make it to the visitor's center without the tire blowing, and we were not stranded on the side of the freeway waiting for Dan and his dad to return with a new tire! So ... four hours later we were on our way home again!!!
P.S. Yay for finally figuring out how to change font sizes and colors!!
6 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend, I'm also extremely sick of the cold. It just needs to get warm already! Just think, you are preparing for a child with your dog. haha
It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I too am more than ready for warm weather and softball!
I want softball and sunshine! And Texas Roadhouse!
I'm so excited for summer! You're lucky you got to have a little taste of it already! Hopefully we'll see you soon!
Oops, I accidentally posted in on Tyson's account, but it's me=)
Sounds like you had a lot of fun, I'm glad you made it home finally! :) I'm with you, St. George in the winter all the way baby!
Post a Comment