Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Home office

Dan-the-man recently built us a new computer. Now, being that I am pretty much technology ignorant, I could not tell you the technical difference between this computer and one you would find for free at a garage sale. (Although I have heard Dan use words like i7, motherboard, cpu, power source, blah, blah, blah ...some times he gets carried away and actually starts explaining to me what these things do and mean, but I quickly reassure him it's gone in one ear and out the other)! BUT I can tell you it runs so much faster that any other computer I have ever used before. I can watch TV shows and movies online without having to wait for them to load, I can open up any internet page in the blink of an eye, and i don't feel like ripping my own head off every time I try to download something and browse the internet at the same time :) And look wise, it's pretty flashy :). Plus, the fact that he is smart enough to build a computer is a major turn on!

Since we have a new computer we needed a place to put it. Here is where I come in! We had an extra bedroom that was pretty much just used as a junk/storage room. But I cleaned it up real nice, and turned it into a home office. I found a new desk, a futon which can double as a guest bed when someone comes to visit, and some cute accessories. It was fun having a project to work on for a few weeks. Now, the room is far from done, but it's a great start, and a much better use of the space! I think we had set foot in that room maybe five times, and now we just hang out in there, read, play computer games, and admire our work.


I painted the doors from an ugly wood to white, and spray painted the hardware silver.

I am thinking of getting some black clocks and having some sort of display like this where it shows the times in other parts of the world...only mine will look much cuter!

I can't wait!

P.S Dan is going to start his own blog where he will have more pics of the computer he built. If any of you are interested in having him build you a computer let me know.

10 comments:

Misty said...

I love that rug and those black chunky frames! You two are so talented.

Courtney and Tyson said...

I've been waiting and waiting for you to post! That is so awesome! You are both so talented! And I swear you guys get skinnier every time I see you!

McKell said...

Wow! You made the extra room so cute! Nice work!

Mandy said...

I love it! You are both amazing!

Denise said...

So cute!! Love the frames, you have a nack for decorating!

Cathy said...

You are so creative!! It looks great! It's nice to have a place to relax and spend time in.

Mike & Carly said...

Love the room! It looks way cute! Way to go! I can't believe he built it on his own that is crazy and some major talent and smarts of course.. I would never be able to do that!

Mama D said...

Sarah will need a laptop for college and we have been thinking of upgrading. Think Dan can help us long distance?! Sarah could even wait until she goes out to the U of U if necessary. :)

Unknown said...

Really cute, Savannah!

Nick, Alex, & Nixon said...

That's cute! You did such a good job! Nick and I are terrible with starting projects but not finishing them. Maybe you'll have to give me some tips... :D