The RIBS FACE SHOWCASE:
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Family Camping Trip 2009
This weekend we went and caused some mayhem up Payson Canyon with the Brickeys. It was the much hyped family camp out that we had all been waiting for. Braving our way through thunderstorms, hail, and Neil's cooking (jk:), it is safe to say that it all lived up to the hype. The weather picked up Saturday and Sunday, and we all had a great time. We played a lot of games, went on a hike up the world famous Grotto trail, ate some yummy food, and much much more. One of the games we played was the age old game of Horseshoes. Dan and I played great as a couple and weren't beaten together. As usual there were plenty of funny jokes, stories, and memorable moments. One of my favorites was actually at my expense....we were hiking the grotto when out of the corner of my eye I see a humongeous mountain lion far ahead wondering across the mountains, looking for it's next easy prey, so I yell " AHH! Mountian Lion"! I start to freak out when I realize that terrifiying beast is nothing more than a stinkin' dog...everyone had a pretty good laugh at that one. Saturday night we had delicious, but messy, ribs, amy's potatoes, and peach cobbler for dessert. We can hardly wait til we can do it all again. Check out the pics of all the action. And, warning, there are a lot of them.
Some of the gang taking a break from the sun and chillin in the shade
Neil and Dan playing hacky sack



Neil, Dan, Kelee, under the waterfall
My cute husband

Holly being her usual adorable self

Tada! I make crossing a bridge look easy, don't I?
Horseshoes

All I can say is we like taking funny pictures
The RIBS FACE SHOWCASE:



DJ was so messy Cathy stepped in to feed him

The RIBS FACE SHOWCASE:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yummmm ribs!! I want some now! Your camping trip looked like so much fun!! You guys look so cute!!
Oh Voon, I love reading your posts. You are so funny. It looks like we missed out on all the fun...the World Famous Grotto and the World Famous Ribs. Bummer. Can't wait to do it again!
Kelee's going to be mad that you shared the mountain lion story after telling her she couldn't. :) We had tons of fun and you got some great pictures. I need copies. :)
That looks like fun! Nothing better than the great outdoors.
Fun! hey let me know when you are availible to go visiting teaching. Weekday Evenings after 6:30 work best for me. Work for you? Call me!
So fun! I'm glad everyone made it out alive!! :) Hope your planning on coming over Labor-Day... maybe another mountain Lion sighting might be in order. Glad you had such a great time!
Post a Comment