Our baby is growing up right before my eyes. So much change happened between months nine to ten! I see less and less of a baby in Elise every single day. It's heartbreaking and exciting all in one. Some of the things I want to remember about Elise right now are:
- "Stinky toes" I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but this phrase has been something we've said to her since pretty much day one. It started off as a silly saying, but now it's become a game to Elise. I will start sniffing around and she will lift her leg up towards my nose and wiggle her foot/toes at me. I sniff her toes, crinkle up my brows and say, "eww, stinky toes!!!" in a silly voice, and she busts up laughing. It's adorable. Now, randomly throughout the day, she just sticks that foot up begging for me to play our game. FYI, her feet can truly get a little stinky. I don't know what it is, maybe her feet sweat a lot, or maybe it's all her daddy's genetics (hehe) but there is some truth behind that phrase!!!
- She is mobile!!! She started crawling at nine and a half months, and since then she's been a busy body! She also LOVES to climb on everything and pull herself up to standing position. It's so much fun, but at the same time, I truly miss being able to leave a room and not worry about her getting into trouble. Her crawl started out as a sort of wounded monkey looking manuvere. She would stick one leg up (imagine a bear crawl) and the other leg would be in the standard crawl position, but she would never move it off the ground, she would just drag it along using the bear crawl leg to propel herself forward. Now, she has more of a standard crawl down, but that "wounded monkey" still comes out from time to time!
- She recognizes so many words and objects now! It's amazing. She pretty much learns a new word (how to recognize it, not speak it) every single day. She will pick out many of her toys by me saying their name like: baby, ducky, book, ball, eggs, puffs, blocks, puppy, glowy, hammer.
- She also knows and can point to your nose, eyes, mouth, ears, and hair. She still doesn't point to them on herself yet. She does, however, know where her own belly button is!
- She can give five, she knows the hand actions to "patty cake", I LOVE it when she "rolls" and "tosses it in the oven." She tosses her hands up in the air. It's too cute. She also knows how to "knock, knock" on a door. She even makes a fist before she knocks.
- She is walking along furniture now. She is best at it in her crib. The railings make it really easy for her. She also likes to hold on to our couches and walk along them. She still loves to hold our hands and walk all around the house.
- She has four teeth. Her two top teeth a huge lol, but I find them adorable. She had two on bottom now as well.
Here are some pictures of her at 10 months:
![]() |
| She loves bubbles. Grandma and PaPa have a bubble machine. |
![]() |
| Lifting up her "stinky toes" for me to smell |
![]() |
| Best kisses in the w orld |























No comments:
Post a Comment