Well, I guess it's about time for my monthly post...
Dan and I have been busy working, but also trying to enjoy our summer as much as possible. Here are a few fun things we have been up to:
We went camping at Jordenelle with Bridge and Brent a few weekends ago. We brought the boat with high hopes of catching lots of fish, but, sadly, that didn't happen. All four of us got skunked! After a few hours of that we decided to just head out and go biking. We hit the Trailside bike park in Park City, had a bunch of great runs down the trail, but the third time down we had a little scare! When I got down the trail I found Dan sitting on the ground holding his arm and saying it was broken. I thought he was joking and trying to scare me, but as soon as he started going white and laying on the ground, I knew he was serious! He had a big bump in the middle of his forearm and was obviously in a lot of pain so we hurried to the car and headed to the hospital. Since our insurance only covers Mountain Star we had to drive clear back to Orem to the Timpanogos Hospital! Well, by the time we got there the swelling had gone down a bit, and we started to wonder if it was even really worth seeing a doctor--we figured we would get it checked out just in case. Dan got the x-rays back and was just fine! He had some bruising and road rash but no broken bones!
 |
| Enjoying the camp fire. |
 |
| Bridgette and Brent make for some good company! |
 |
| On the boat waiting for a bite! |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Dan jumping |
 |
| Brent Jumped too, I just didn't get the pic in time! |
 |
| Crazy kid! |
We have been doing a lot of biking, and trying out a lot of new
trails! I know I dedicated an entire post to my new bike, but I just
have to say I LOVE it! Riding is so much more fun now. We hit up Lizard Lake trail a few days ago. Payson Canyon never ceases to amaze me with it's beauty!
 |
| Dan and Jake on Lizard Lake trail up Payson Canyon! |
 |
| This trail was so pretty, but it was also kinda scary because it was so "back-woodsey" that I kept expecting a bear to jump out and eat me! |
My
sister Kelee moved to Louisiana so we took her out to dinner before she
left. She loves Italian food, but had never gone to The Olive Garden
so we thought she needed to try it! Of course, she loved it! Dan and I
are currently trying to eat a lot better, so for the first time ever I
requested a nutrition guide. BIG mistake! I was much happier eating
when I had no idea how crazy unhealthy their food was! I could not
bring myself to get my usual Chicken Alfredo-- or the Manicotti-- or
really anything else on the menu lol, so I had the minestrone soup,
which was delicious and healthy!
 |
| My sister is so pretty! |
 |
| Group pic |
 |
| Gonna miss her! |
Speaking of our
eating habits, I have to brag a little bit. In the last three weeks Dan
has lost 15 lbs! I have lost 6! I am so proud of Dan for being so
good about it! We still have a ways until we meet our goals, but it is a
good feeling to be seeing results because changing our eating habits
has been a lot of HARD work!
The whole reason we got serious about getting healthy in the first place is because we booked a western Caribbean cruise! We are leaving the end of October with some friends and I cannot wait!!!
 |
| SOOO looking forward to this view! |
4 comments:
I went up Payson canyon last week and thought how beautiful it was too. Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome! I think a lot of things on the menu at restaurants are so bad for you. haha The cruise sounds like a blast!
It's hard to eat healthy! Awesome that you guys have done so well...! It's good to let people know to, trust me it will make you stick to it more. Wish I was going on a cruise
Looks like fun! We were just up the canyon on that trail the other day and it is so pretty but beware of bears we saw one on our walk it was scary...
I'm so jealous of your cruise! Keep up the awesome work of losing weight though! It's not easy, but you'll be thanking yourself once you get on the ship and see all the food you'll be eating!
Post a Comment