Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Break 2011

This year we spent Thanksgiving with the Jensen's.  We had an amazing dinner prepared by Sue.  She always make delicious meals, but her Thanksgiving dinner is like none other.  We had turkey (of course), mashed potatoes, home-made stuffing (my personal favorite), green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, corn, and rolls.  We ate like kings and queens. After lunch we decided to go skeet shooting.  The weather was just about as nice as it can get this time of year, and we had a fun time shooting.  We came home and watched some football and ate some yummy pie.  There was pumpkin, and chocolate pie.  I may have over-indulged a bit.  Later in the evening I started working on some crafts that Sue had lying around (more details on those crafts later, but until Christmas they must be kept on the DL).  We left Payson around nine, and I went home to get ready for Black Friday shopping... 

...This year Walmart was opening at 10, and my friend Kristi and I wanted to get an early start.  We had no idea it was going to be the stupidest decision we would ever make.  Walmart was a nightmare, to put it lightly.  I always kick my self in the rear for going black Friday shopping, and after this year I promised myself never again...until next year :)  I got what I wanted though--a Shark Steamer (which I LOVE btw.  I mopped my whole house twice because I was having so much fun!)  After Walmart we headed over to Target.  We got there at 11:30, the doors were to open at midnight.  We were pretty far back in the line, but from where we were it didn't look like we were that far back-- that is until they opened the doors and started letting people in.  At that point I could tell that it wasn't just a straight line to the entrance, it was a line that swirled and snaked all over the place, meaning we were, in fact, a lot farther back that we thought.  Plus, because someone got trampled to death last year, they were only letting 15 people in at a time.  At that point we decided it wasn't worth the wait/hassle.  I went home, got some sleep, and woke up the next morning.  I wasn't after any doorbusters in the first place, and I found everything I needed!

Friday night we played Walleyball and basketball at the Orem rec center with the Jensen's.  I had a hard time dribbling and running at the same time, let along shooting, lol.  But nevertheless, it was still a fun time!

Nothing like a long weekend spent with family.  I definitely have a lot to be thankful for this year.  My health, job, family, and husband are just a few.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

Whitney, Lorin, and Dan all lined up and ready to shoot



Whit, Dan and me. 

What a good looking bunch!



No comments: