Thursday, April 21, 2011

Santaquineans

Well, Dan and I are going to be homeowners soon! We are building with Edge homes in the Oak Summit neighborhood in Santaquin! We never thought we could live in Santaquin, I mean it seemed SO far out there in the middle of nowhere! But we have timed the drive several times, and it takes less than 20 minutes to get to our house from Provo! Another thing that sold us, was the neighborhood; is so nice--it's up on the East bench. We will probably have the smallest house on the block, but I have heard that's a good thing :)

Our closing date is scheduled for the first of August. Everything worked out great because we are able to stay at our current place until then, and August is when we were planning to leave Watchman anyway so that I can finish school! We almost bought an existing home in Spanish Fork for a very good price, and it was very nice on the inside. The only complaint I had was that I didn't like the outside of the house... and we would have had to quit Watchman a lot sooner than planned. So as bummed as I was at the time, we just decided to pass. Well, after looking at a few more existing homes we met with an Edge representative, laid down the law and told them exactly what we wanted and were willing to pay, and after some negotiating they gave us everything we wanted! It's funny how bigger and better things come your way if you just have faith and are patient! August can't come fast enough!

10 comments:

Sam and Riley said...

That is so exciting! I want to come see your new place when you get all moved in. And if you need helping moving let us know!

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

I'm thrilled! I'm SO glad we'll be living so close!

Courtney and Tyson said...

K I don't know why your blog doesn't update on my list until hours later and I almost miss it every time! Anyway...that is SO exciting!!! We still haven't heard on ours:( Downside of a short sale. I'm so glad you're getting exactly what you want and I can't wait to see it! Please let us help with moving! Also...when is Mexico? I keep thinking any day now...

Jana Porter said...

how exciting! can't wait to see your new place!! and you guys are welcome to visit anytime... hopefully when it starts to get a little warmer we can get together

Jannifer said...

Congrats, that is awesome! And Santaquin really isn't that far, as much as people believe it is. ha

The Ahlins said...

All these people getting houses!! But Im really excited for ya..that will be so fun for you guys. Trust me santaquins not to bad;)

Candice said...

You guys will love owning your own home~ Congrats!!!!

Aubree Roberts said...

I'm so happy for you! Such a good decision! I wanted to say something about this earlier but I kept forgetting! So it's a little late but CONGRATS!! I can't wait to see what it looks like once it's built! Yay!

Kyle and Lindsey said...

Nice! That will be nice to have you guys close by so we can get together and play games more often :) That is so exciting, we'll have to see your new place once you're settled!

Bodie and JoQell Taylor said...

That's so awesome! You will LOVE having a new house!!! We are so happy we built! One of Bodie's friends just built an Edge home, and they did a really good job i know he is loving it! The guy you talked to from Edge, was his name Nate?