Later on we decided to take our first "off road" mountain bike ride. We found Big Spring Hollow trail, a "must see classic" according to utahmountainbiking.com, and decided to give it a try. It was a short ride, about 4 miles is all, but man, for a beginner like me that was enough! It is steady climb the whole way up. At one point I was walking my bike up the trail. The way down was a bit scary at first. I was flying without even touching my pedals, and it took me a minute to get used to the rocky trail, but once I did I had a blast! Riding down hill is quite the adrenaline rush, the feeling is almost addicting...now I am not an adrenaline junkie or anything, but I can't wait for the next ride! It took us about an hour to get up (mostly because I wanted to take so many pictures, but okay, if I'm being honest, taking pictures was my excuse to take a breather lol) and only 20 minutes (at the most) to get down. The scenery was amazing! It truly was a "must see." The leaves have started changing colors, and you ride over several wooden bridges that cross over Big Spring Creek; all of which made for awesome pictures, and if there's one thing I love, it's pictures!
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Fishing the Provo River and Big Spring Hollow
Saturday morning we woke up at the crack of dawn (literally...6 am!) to fish the Provo River. We met Lorin, Bridgette, and Brent up there. It was a "first time" experience for many reasons: 1. First time wearing waders, 2. first time trying to shove a foot the sign of a football into a size 7 tennis shoe (thanks to the waders), 3. first time fishing waist deep in a river, 4. first time losing 3 lures in one fishing trip (snag after snag after snag!). I caught one fish, but it got off my line before I could get a picture. Dan caught three. These trout were much bigger than the fish I caught earlier on this year up Payson Canyon and down at Scofield, so reeling mine in was fun! Yes, I had fun...though it is not something I can see myself doing more than once a year.
Later on we decided to take our first "off road" mountain bike ride. We found Big Spring Hollow trail, a "must see classic" according to utahmountainbiking.com, and decided to give it a try. It was a short ride, about 4 miles is all, but man, for a beginner like me that was enough! It is steady climb the whole way up. At one point I was walking my bike up the trail. The way down was a bit scary at first. I was flying without even touching my pedals, and it took me a minute to get used to the rocky trail, but once I did I had a blast! Riding down hill is quite the adrenaline rush, the feeling is almost addicting...now I am not an adrenaline junkie or anything, but I can't wait for the next ride! It took us about an hour to get up (mostly because I wanted to take so many pictures, but okay, if I'm being honest, taking pictures was my excuse to take a breather lol) and only 20 minutes (at the most) to get down. The scenery was amazing! It truly was a "must see." The leaves have started changing colors, and you ride over several wooden bridges that cross over Big Spring Creek; all of which made for awesome pictures, and if there's one thing I love, it's pictures!






Later on we decided to take our first "off road" mountain bike ride. We found Big Spring Hollow trail, a "must see classic" according to utahmountainbiking.com, and decided to give it a try. It was a short ride, about 4 miles is all, but man, for a beginner like me that was enough! It is steady climb the whole way up. At one point I was walking my bike up the trail. The way down was a bit scary at first. I was flying without even touching my pedals, and it took me a minute to get used to the rocky trail, but once I did I had a blast! Riding down hill is quite the adrenaline rush, the feeling is almost addicting...now I am not an adrenaline junkie or anything, but I can't wait for the next ride! It took us about an hour to get up (mostly because I wanted to take so many pictures, but okay, if I'm being honest, taking pictures was my excuse to take a breather lol) and only 20 minutes (at the most) to get down. The scenery was amazing! It truly was a "must see." The leaves have started changing colors, and you ride over several wooden bridges that cross over Big Spring Creek; all of which made for awesome pictures, and if there's one thing I love, it's pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
You two are so dang cute! Tyson doesn't invite me to fish the Provo anymore...I always spend the ENTIRE time trying to get snags out! The trail is right where we took those leaf pictures of Easton. It was beautifuL!
Your fishing experience reminds me of my first fishing trip to Montana with Thomas! The waders are so awkward and the river about pushed me over! I spent the whole time with a snag on my line and poor Thomas barely got to fish because he was getting my snags loose the entire 4 days! ha ha The things we do for the men in our lives!
so cute and brave the thought of flying down a dirt trail on a bike scares me to death. and i have yet to fish and i keep telling shawn i will go with him but he never takes me up on the offer
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I would love to go mountain biking. I really want to get a bike. But like you going down at first would probably scare me to death but yes it would for sure be a huge adrenaline rush! I have never fished a river before only a lake and a ocean. I am not sure how well I would do out on a river! The ocean was WAY hard! It took me about 2 hours to real in my fish. Needless to say I only had the engery to catch that one fish!
That looks like so much fun! Makes me REALLY want a bike now haha!However, I doubt I'll be going down any mountains (or hills for that matter) once I get one! ~I'm a big sissy I guess lol!
Love the bike pics-I like how you look all cute to ride your bike-I always look like crap. haha
This post made me miss Fall in Utah so much. Love the waders picture. You should sport them more often!
Post a Comment