Saturday, February 6, 2010

Manti Temple Trip

Last night Dan and I went with Matt, Cathy, Misty, Adam, DJ and Amy to the Manti temple to do an endowment session. It was my first time in a live session! It was really neat. It gave me a new appreciation for temple workers and all they do! Old people are just so cute! After the session the temple President gave us a short tour of the spiral staircase. I cannot believe how beautiful that temple is, and it blows my mind that the pioneers were able to create such beauty with the limited tools they had. Their attention to detail was impeccable. Afterward, we ate at a local pizza place (which I guess used to be owned by the same people who own Fat Jacks in Payson). It was yummy! We saw a few deer on the sides of the highway, but luckily made it home without any messy encounters :)

8 comments:

Misty said...

SO FUN! Let's do it again soon!

Courtney and Tyson said...

How fun! I have been wanting to do a live session for a long time! I can't even seem to make it to Provo!

Cathy said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to make it! Can't wait to do it again. :)

Blake and La-Shana Francom said...

I got married in the tower of the Manti temple and it is so beautiful! So fun for you guys!

The Rusty Well said...

Thats where I did my endowment session. It is really neat isnt it! p.s. I love the fat jacks there too its devins uncle that owns it I hope he treated you guys good (:

Jason and Emily Gruber said...

I know exactly what you mean! My first live session was at the Salt Lake Temple during the summer. Such a different experience! Imagining the pioneers building such a beautiful temple blows my mind! You definitely have to go to the Salt Lake Temple when you get a chance.

Denise said...

I'm glad you had fun, and I totally agree...it is SO amazing what they did with what they had to work with! Next time I want to go!!

Melissa + Brett said...

HOW FUN! A live session is really cool! Tell Matt and Cathy hello for me!