Sunday is a great day...a day off of work to spend relaxing with Dan...what could be any better. Especially when you throw a delicious meal I didn't have to cook in the mix! Dan and I spent this Sunday eating dinner with his grandparents, (thick juicy steak, baked potatoes, rolls, steamed veggies, and chocolate cake...jealous?) then we played a card game called "hand and foot", which is a rummy style card game that his grandparents taught us. It's really fun!
We had planned on skipping the season premier of 24...which is huge for us because we love 24! But Grandpa Jensen actually brought it up, and asked if we watched 24, so luckily we got to watch that as well!
As a side note...Dan and I got put into primary to teach the CTR six year olds...it will be quite an adventure. We have 11 kids in our class, and they are all so full of energy. For being such a large class they were pretty well behaved and very knowledgeable of the gospel. I am pretty sure I didn't know as much as they do when I was their age, and I am sure Dan and I will learn a lot from them!
5 comments:
I love hand and foot! Tom's parents taught us and we always play when we are there visiting.
The dinner sounds delicious! I love lazy Sundays.
Dan's grandma is such a sweet lady! (I don't remember his grandpa, even though I'm sure I probably met him) It sounds like it was a great day.
You guys are going to do great in Primary. You have always been so good with kids. This will be good training for parenthood--hopefully you won't get 11 at once. :)
I'm ALL About those dinners that someone else cooks! Even Ramen noodles taste better when you're not the one who made them! :) You two will be great in Primary! Plus, you get to spend all three hors with your hubby! I don't think it gets better than that!
By the way...you should TOTALLY take Dan to Desert Star! Maybe the four of us could go sometime. It's the only way I can get Adam do any kind of artsy thing, and he loves them because they are SO FUNNY! I'll bet Dan would like it too. :)
Post a Comment