Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

*Warning* NO Pictures

Our Thanksgiving was spent with my side of the family this year. Dinner was delicious, and I just know my green bean casserole was a hit (right Misty :) . I loved the chocolate mousse pie...I wish I had some now, actually. Afterwards we played games (I am all about games!) and took family pictures. It was fun to visit with everyone that we don't see very much!

Dan and I had been planning on getting us a laptop this year on BF cause they were so cheap everywhere, but because we missed the memo on camping out for two days at Best Buy (GEEZ people get a life!!!), so we didn't have any hope of getting one there. We decided to stake out Office Depot, and even left our house at 11:10 pm...we figured we would have more than enough time because they didn't even open until 6 am. BUT we were wrong! Actually, we got stuck in an accident, and were sitting, car completely turned off, for forty minutes!!! So by the time we had gotten to Office Depot the line was already too long. My clever husband, however, found a sweet laptop sale online that started at 6 am as well, so we went home, slept for a few hours then woke up right before six and made sure we got the laptop we wanted! Online shopping is the way to go! I also got Dan's birthday shopping and part of Christmas out of the way! The hard part for me is waiting to give them to him!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Yay for laptops! I love the internet! And your green bean casserole was the best part of our Thanksgiving Feast. :D

Mandy said...

I'm so glad that we were able to see you this weekend! I am also glad that you were able to get a laptop. Horray tor the internet. :)

Blake and La-Shana Francom said...

Hey, dinner and game night would be so much fun! So yes we will def. do that! I'm glad your thanksgiving was good! And I did kinda did mention ya in what I'm grateful for..."friends"...haha! Glad you are going great!! XoXoX